Purse + Clutch | Convertible Crossbody and Clutch
Meet your new minimalist handbag in the most stunning two-toned leather. Because we get that a handbag should work just as well for running to the grocery store as for date night.
- Lined in cotton with magnetic snap closures
- Interior leather pocket + zippered exterior pocket for stashing your phone
- Dimensions: 13" x 7" with detachable cross body strap
- As with any natural material, subtle variations in the leather are normal & add to the uniqueness of each piece
Hand cut, hand assembled, & hand stitched in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia providing fair wages for our highly skilled artisans with a positive work environment.
Purse + Clutch
Purse + Clutch believes that good fashion is as much about the maker as it is about the finished product. By working directly with artisans in Mexico & Ethiopia, they're producing thoughtfully designed & ethically made handbags to help end the cycle of poverty - to be a part of changing the fashion industry for good.
Their model is to pay their artisan partners upfront. They purchase the raw materials before production even begins & then are paid a mutually agreed upon fair wage for their time & craftsmanship so they don’t have to take on any risk of production. That way, too, they can count on consistent paychecks to support themselves & their families.
At Purse & Clutch, every purchase contributes to this mission of supporting long-term employment for men & women in around the world with limited fair job opportunities. These handbags are truly one of kind, slowly handcrafted by their dedicated artisans.
Purse + Clutch is committed to the following set of values:
- There is no forced labor or child labor
- Artisans are paid a living wage for their region & work in a positive environment
- They have a long term relationship of sustainable work with each of our artisan groups
- Their artisan groups are conscious of their social, economic, & environmental impact on their country & ours using as many natural techniques & dyes as possible
- They have a strict nondiscrimination policy based on gender, race, caste, political affiliation or age
The design process is collaborative – they work with the artisans to see where they really shine & then bring their interpretation to the drawing board. Adding in a pocket for a cell phone, playing with the scale of the classic Mexican embossed details or including a wristlet strap to increase functionality so that you can carry a bag that perfectly fits your lifestyle. The final product is a beautiful & unique blend of cultures.